Solar Energy :
Energy from the sun is
called solar energy. The Sun’s energy comes from nuclear fusion reaction that
takes place deep in the sun. All life on the earth depends on solar energy The
solar energy that falls on India in one minute is enough to supply the energy
needs of our country for one day. Man has made very little use of this enormous
amount of solar energy that reaches the earth.
Solar Energy Applications :
Solar energy applications are
as follows :
Merits and limitations of a Solar energy :
- Heating and cooling of residential building.
- Solar water heating.
- Solar drying of agricultural and animal products.
- Salt production by evaporation of seawater.
- Solar cookers.
- Solar engines for water pumping.
- Solar electric power generation.
Following are the some merits of a solar energy
Limitations of a Solar energy are
- No attention is needed during energy production.
- No fuel is required.
- Minimum maintenance cost.
- No pollution.
- No production of harmful chemical.
- Deepened on the sunshine,
- The menu has to preplanned.
- Cannot produce energy on night or during cloudy days.
- It takes comparatively more time.
Project Report Index